Monday, July 20, 2009

Dayton Airshow Recap

P-51 Mustang

Well I went to the Airshow and I have to admit it was so awesome. I have alot of pictures and videos as you can see, so Ill keep adding them as we speak but Blogger.com takes forever to add media. So anyway they had anything from Cessna's to B52's and C5 Galaxy. Every single plane was so unique it was crazy. My favorite plane was the P51 Mustang, Ive always loved that plane and was excited when I got to see it fly LIVE. Also the Warthog was cool. Lets see there were a lot of helicopters and I love the sight of those, they were awesome. Maybe I am making a mountain out of a mole hill but this was my first airshow and by god it was great.
There was a Brazilian team called the "Esquadrilha da Fumaca" which was the Brazilian air force flight team. They flew T-27 Tucano's. Those airplanes are really cool. They did alot of crazy and sweet stuff. I would have to say they are almost as cool as the Thunderbirds!!! Alright so finally at the end of the day after I met of with my virtual ATC buds we watched the USAF Thunderbirds. They were fantastic I couldn't see myself ever being able to handle those G's they pull. Some of those maneuvers were just undescribable.
So to wrap things up, the airshow was well worth $16 to enter and a $3.00 Pepsi!!!!!! I have to admit going through all those big cargo planes had me thinking how I would do in the USAF. I'm going to keep that option open the next couple years just to keep my mind open to anything. My photography isn't the best but I tried.
Until Next Time,
Enlightened Ian

No comments: