Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Long Time

Well its been a while since I have posted anything. But just recently Friday I had a flight lesson. The lesson was over unusual attitudes and soft and short takeoffs/landings. Unusual Attitudes was a breeze nothing to it. Short and Soft landings were a little work still need a good amount of training on them but i have time. After we landed we went over X-country planning and we planned my "first" official cross country trip. I got to choose and we are going to KOSU form KFDY then from KOSU to I74 for lunch then back home. Should be a fun one. Well next lesson is going to be a solo practicing low level manuvers. I cant wate it will be very fun. Then after that it will be the cross country trip so were looking at about 3 weeks till that trip.


Lately I have had fun getting my virtual ratings for vzid ARTCC which is and ARTCC for VATSIM that handles the Indionapolis sector for Air Traffic Controlling. I am currently a Tower and below rated controller. I have to admit it is very fun and has opened other windows for job oppurtunities in the future. They train you to the utmost criteria and it is not easy. But its worth it. I have been looking at colleges cause I have been bored and almost set on Kent St. lately for they have an FAA certified ATC program there now Ive heard many horror stories about ATC colleges and how its a waste but I think it would be a cool thing to do. Of course my dream is still to be a pilot but lets face it not everything goes as planned so its good to have a back up.
Please comment,email with feedback.
Until Next Time,
Ian

No comments: