Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Caught the Flight Bug

My first flight lesson in October


Here's a little history about how I got into flying. When I was little most like all pilots I loved planes and playing with little toy planes. I took my first flight when i was young not sure my age probably about 6 and I can still remember it. I remember every time we would go somewhere on a plane I would get really nervous and go to the restroom like 20 times before we got on board ha ha. Then after 9/11 i got pretty spooked of flying and lost the love of it for a little while. Then I got older and was back into the love. A couple years ago while on a Canada trip with a family friend from Cleveland we started to talk about flying and he had his license and I thought that would be something I would love to do. So even though I was still young we started calling flight schools but never followed through with it. Then finally last summer at the fair there was a stand up for the flight school that was at my home airport. www.nwoflight.com
Then in October I took my first lesson and here I am now and I am loving it.

Hours= 7.5

Ian


2 comments:

Rand Peck said...

Morning Ian,
Nice blog, keep up the good work. Many years ago I too became enthralled with flying; 30,000 hours later I still love it. Don't forget however to do well in school and be aware of ALL opportunities that come your way.
Rand

Ian said...

Thanks for the Advice
Happy Landings,
Ian