Sunday, January 31, 2010

Glad to be back

Yesterday I flew for the first time in a while and Im so glad to be in the air again. As I prepare for my written exam in a couple weeks, when we fly we just do the things I dont understand or havent seen before. Yesterday we did a quick .8 hour lesson going over UNOS and ANDS its crazy how the compass does actually go crazy. After that we entered the pattern and realized I was a bit rusty. As we turned from downwind to base we saw a taildragger coming towards us closer than normal. In quick reaction we turned left to avoid and landed. We called it a day after that and went to the hanger to go over some Written Exam questions. I never have been that close to an aircraft in the air and dont want to be. I wouldnt say it was scary just put in real the phrase "Keep your eyes pealed" and how no matter what be ready for anything. Oddly enough he was cruising at pattern altitude and never did land just went truck-en through.

On another note some stuff to look forward in the future, first off my new website should be up and running in a short while. This will give you guys the chance to share aviaiton throughout the web.
Also I have developed an E-Logbook that has taken me a longwhile. It is finally done and if you are interested in using it let me know and ill email you the download. Also I will put it public soon so everyone can have it. Its a cool program all you need is Microsoft excel 2007 and it will work. Note*** If you have an older version of Microsoft let me know and I can give you a different download to use so it will work.
The E-logbook does not only keep all your flight hours but also brakes it up and shows totals of different categories. Its easy to use and I think you will enjoy it. I will be working on it constantly so keep a look out for newer versions monthly.

No comments: